This page lists the current feature requests for the VidProv video improvisation platform. Some things will not be feasible, but don't let that hold you back from making suggestions.
At the bottom of the page is a list of recently completed features, so check there too.
Make a request
If you have checked the list below, and your requested feature is not already included, please send an email to email@example.com.
Classrooms and Workshops
- Lighting effects.
- Virtual backgrounds - NOT FEASIBLE. This level of video manipulation is beyond what can be done in the browser.
- More control for host / director to message individual participants.
- Option to message one, all, selected, all except selected.
Host / Director controls
- List of participants.
Basic feature completed.
- Participants can choose partners?
- Allow participants to move across the circle each other.
- Option to have host outside of circle.
- Tag out - replace performer in their current position. Quick cross-fade or to/from black.
- Instant mute on tag out.
- Instant mute on lights down.
- Tag in = I want you to do a scene with me!
Other potential modes / layouts
- Facilitate exercises that have two lines of people. The two at the front do the scene/exercise and then go to the back of the opposite line.
- Teacher - thumbnail video option in various modes
Performance / Broadcast
Sorry, but this is not a priority for me at this time. I hope to make something available, but my personal aim is to make this available and usable as a teaching platform first.
Once I do have time to work on this, here are some of the issues under consideration...
- Can video position also work in broadcast mode?
- Can video position also go into recording?
- Count-down timer. Can be used as general timer, or automatically return everyone from breakouts, or bring lights down.
- Breakout rooms: Owner can assign, use automatic pairs etc, rotate partners. Visit each group.
- Breakout rooms: Chat works across rooms.
- Breakout rooms: Participants can come back to main room as they finish.
- Waiting room - configure whether used or not
- Room password
- Edit room name, code, welcome message
- Stats for costing purposes
- Youtube Live comments.
- Allow participants to "tag" each other (circle / grid mode).
- Option to have one person in middle of circle (circle plus mode).
- More keyboard shortcuts.
- User change own video size (scene mode).
- Random background.
- Arrow keys to move (scene mode).
- Reorder participants by dragging thumbnails.
- Lock room automatically after 5 minutes.
- Custom backgrounds.
- Quick access to background for current mode (menu or press B)
- Hyperlinks in chat.
- Waiting room option
- Room settings menu for host - room name, code, and custom welcome message.
- Custom background colors / gradients.
- More background images.
- Smoother movement.
- Video shape - square, circle, rectangle, oval.
- Keyboard shortcuts. See the Controls section on the Using VidProv page.
- Make buttons keyboard friendly (foyer) etc. Buttons can be tabbed to, and respond to spacebar as click.
- More symbols.
- Symbol layout as grid to better organise.
- Host name display - auto-hide or always visible.
- Preselected background color or image - more to come.
- Basic chat function - goes to all participants.
- Hand up and other basic signs done.
- Some basic video effects.
- Test Video in foyer. Option to check video and audio prior to entering the room.